Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bringing Honey Home

On June 30th I flew to Midland for the last time. :) Of course, my flight was delayed. When isn't United Airlines delayed? After flying on UA 5 times this summer I vow I will never fly UA or Continental or any other airline UA owns, unless it saves me a lot of money.... in that case I will just plan to be stuck in the airport for an extra 3-5 hours.
At first I was contemplating just canceling my flight and not coming because I had a lot of tests to take and it was overwhelming to take 3 huge tests in 3 days when I could just stay home and have the whole week to go to the testing center whenever I wanted. However, I was blessed to take the longest test in one 6 hour period and be done with it. I had the option to take it again if I wanted but I decided to put my faith in my first score and be done with that so I could move onto the other 2 tests. I finished all of my tests and felt pretty good about them, but didn't know if it would be enough for me to pass. Every day my professor updated the highest score because our grades are based on a curve of the highest score. I packed and left to Texas with a prayer in my heart knowing that I gave it my all and it was out of my hands.
While I was in Texas I entertained myself by laying by the pool and reading while Adam was gone knocking doors until 10 pm. I won't lie, I watched TV sometimes. This commercial kept coming on about Sandals Jamaican vacations. Being a marketing major I know a lot of the tricks companies pull to rope people in, but I fell for it anyway! I called and talked to a travel agent from Sandals. We got 65% off (I know that probably isn't true) and a credit of $800 for our flight that was $1400. I consider this a pretty good deal, $600 for both of us to fly to Jamaica, all inclusive hotel on the beach with unlimited meals and drinks (Virgin of course!) and unlimited snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, water biking, golfing.... etc. It's going to be a wonderful Christmas for us! We wanted to go on a vacation in December during Adam's break from school but had a pretty small budget... I did overspend on this one but it's ok because we figure once we have kids we won't be able to just leave for a week anytime we feel like it. So we're going out with a BANG before the kiddos come!
Adam hit our goal that week. He accomplished his personal goal of getting more than 2 sales in a day and getting more than 6 sales in a week! Good job honey! I am so thankful to have such a hardworking man who is willing to sacrifice to provide for me and our future family! 
Adam and I left Midland early Sunday (July 3rd) morning. It took us an hour to just get out of Midland heading the right direction. hahaha! Midland is so confusing! It doesn't help that I have only been there once or twice for a day or two and Adam is directionally challenged. lol. We made it out though and had some fun stops along the way.
We arrived home in Utah at 1 am after a 16-17 hour drive. I am so thankful for Adam. He is so sweet to me! I have been so tired lately. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't drive. Even driving in the middle of the day from work in Provo to class at UVU I almost fall asleep at the wheel. It could be 2 pm or 9 pm and I'm falling asleep. Adam drove the majority of the time. I only drove an hour or so at a time and probably only drove 2 hours the whole way! My husband is such a sweet heart and does anything and everything to provide for me. I love him so much!


Picture 1- Area 51 Roswell NM.... Aliens.
Picture 2- Beautiful middle of nowhere leaving Midland
Picture 3- New Mexico

Now he's home and we have promised each other that we will never be apart for that long again!

No comments:

Post a Comment