Saturday, May 28, 2011

Missing You

Adam and I have been apart for 20 days but it feels so much longer than that. I find it discouraging to look at the calendar at find only a day has gone by.
I remember in October, after we had been married for only 4 months, he left for a preseason trip for 3 nights and 4 days. I was probably dehydrated from all of tears but I survived. I remember rolling over in the middle of the night to find his side of the bed cold and lonely.
Now I am just used to the lopsidedness of our bed where there is an indent left from my body, only on the left side. I never knew the queen size bed could be so big. 
It's not all bad though. My time is filled to top capacity by working 9 to 5 and then going to school 5 to 8 pm. I leave at 8 am from Riverton to get to work in Provo by 9 and then I usually don't get home at night until 9 pm which is when I have my Adam call. We talk in the morning on my way to work and then again at night before bed.
My struggles tend to rise on the weekends when I'm not jam packed with things to do. Thank goodness for Adam's mom Karla, who plans all sorts of things for me to do. We painted an old rocking chair this week and are going to cover the cushions next weekend. I'll post a picture when I finish.
The distance doesn't seem so hard when Adam gets a sale too. $500-$1500 a day makes this separation bearable I guess. May I inform you though, we're not going through difficult time to have a bunch money that we can blow on meaningless things, we're doing it so that one day we can start a family and give our children the lives they deserve.


Only 37 days left!

Look at how much progress was made in just this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment